WE ARE HIRING!
Full-Time Position – Toronto, Ontario – Fall 2018
The New School of Finance is growing and we need a new financial planner!
We are a kick-ass “fee-only” financial planning firm in Toronto. We offer awesome, accessible and affordable financial planning advice and advocate for financial literacy through, speaking engagements, workshops and online courses. We make finances rad.
In our practice, we offer unbiased cash management, portfolio assessment, tax planning, retirement planning and small business advice to professionals, families, retirees and entrepreneurs.
We do not sell any financial products at all. Period, full stop. We are 100% unbiased.
To be successful in this position, the candidate must be a compassionate person who gets and loves people. Plus, this candidate must be a team player. This candidate should also be self-starting, and willing to bring in new clients. Candidate should also have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Meet with new and existing New School of Finance clients in our Toronto office and/or online for any of the following types of financial planning services:
- Debt repayment planning
- Personal finance tax planning
- Cash flow management strategies
- Investment Education Sessions
- Business Development: Bringing in new clients for New School of Finance and hitting billable goals
- Prepare financial plans and projections using our proprietary methods and tools
- Communicate with clients before and after meetings
- Upholding and maintain New School of Finance compliance procedures
- Maintain client confidentiality at all times
- Build a create presentations for workshops/speaking engagements and deliver them
- Assist with development and improvement of internal processes if you see something that we can do better!
- Assist with special projects when applicable
Skills and Qualifications:
A Bachelor’s degree or diploma. We don’t care what you studied. Who actually knew what they wanted to be at 18? Your film undergrad degree probably makes you way more interesting for water cooler talk.
A Certified Financial Planner (CFP) designation (or willing to enroll in the program ASAP). This is non-negotiable.
Passion for helping people, you have to genuinely care.
Creative problem-solving. Money is a scarce resource. We only have so much of it. You’re going to need some creative problem-solving skills to help clients navigate their lives and stick to a plan. There is DEFINITELY no one-size-fits-all solution at New School of Finance. We get people from all walks of life.
Self-Starting. Are you able to kind of, just, jump in and get your hands dirty? Woot!
You have to be a Microsoft Office ninja. Excel is our life. Powerpoint is our life. Word is our life.
You have to be somewhat tech savvy or at least willing to bone up! We use WordPress, Mailchimp, Photoshop, Google Docs to name a few.
Your communication skills are probably the most important part of this job. We don’t mean typos. How do you communicate with people? Listening, understanding and empathizing are critical parts of this job. Sometimes people cry! Sometimes people do happy dances! Whatever it is, the emotional stakes are high when you’re financially planning someone’s life. How you hold space and communicate is 90% of the job.
Detail oriented. An extra zero can make a big difference in a financial projection…
Added bonus points: Life-coaching/counseling/therapy designations are huge plus. CIM, CPA, Accredited Credit Counselor or any tax preparations courses a plus.
This is a salaried position with potential for performance bonus.
Fall 2018. Yes, this is far away, but we are putting the word out there now so we can find the right fit!
We operate out of Workplace One at Queen St West and Bathurst in downtown Toronto. Suits are not required nor expected. We have an inclusive, safe and fun culture and we are a tight team. We offer a Results-Only Work-Environment. You get to run your own schedule. We have very flexible work-from-home options. Our office is family friendly (legit, our Founder and CEO just had the cutest baby ever) and we are all keen to have a work-life balance (except during tax time when we are all running around like wild.)
How to apply?
Please send an email with to Shannon@newschooloffinance.com with:
- SUBJECT: “CFP RESUME – (your name)”
- Please put your cover letter in the body of the email
- Please attach your resume to the email
We will be accepting applications until September 1, 2018. Please note that while we are so appreciative of everyone’s application, only candidates who are requested for interviews will be contacted.